Friday, July 9, 2010

Writer's Block?

It's been almost 2 years since my last entry. The thought of summarizing those 2 years is overwhelming. Perhaps skimming over the top is best: Gabo is 3, Nico is 2, I'm pregnant with the third (--due for Christmas!) & we now live at the Mennonite Hospital Km81. That's good. Now you know it all =)

Our every day has changed now that we've moved out into the country. I've been married to M for 6 years & i've come to realize that this is the first time in all those years that i'm a legitimate independent Housewife in my own right. For all those other 6 years we've lived in Seminary housing & in an apartment above my in-laws. This is the first time in my life that I have no escape to my everyday. Not that i want to run away...! The reality has changed now. If my kids are driving me nuts, i have to be creative & guide them to do something constructive. I can't just get in the car & go somewhere. There is nowhere to go. I am writing this as a thought to self-discovery. My main purpose is not to vent my frustrations (well, maybe a little...). I've come to learn that having a clean home, happy children, lunch on the table at 11:45, a fully stocked freezer & a happy husband aren't that hard to do. There IS enough time in a day.

I've learned to take a little bit of time at the beginning of my day to make my bed & get myself fixed up, spend time with Jesus & then see to the ways of my home & children. I'm still learning. I have a woman who comes once a week to help me out with the mopping & the bathrooms. But i feel like i'm beginning to become the owner of my own life. My house is what it is because i've made it that way. Hopefully, the correct answer is: A HOME. But i guess that depends on what time of the day you come to visit =)

I hope to begin blogging again to share my daily experiences as a mother & wife. My sister thinks there's a lot to share. We'll see about that!

1 comment:

Iris said...

I am looking forward to reading your experiences as a wife and a mother. There is so much we can all learn from each other by sharing our stories.

And as to your comment:" My house is what it is because i've made it that way. Hopefully, the correct answer is: A HOME. But i guess that depends on what time of the day you come to visit =)" My thinking is: It is still a HOME during those times of the day when laundry is piled up, dishes are everywhere, the kids need a bath, and visitors drop by without notice and you may feel bad that not everything is in it's right place. I have a really hard time with that myself, but I am coming to realize that people want to see the 'real' me and sometimes the 'real' me means there are dishes everywhere, the laundry baskets are all over the living room and not one piece of clothing is folded, and Little M smells like spit up when you snuggle him close. Even in this state our house is still a 'Home' and perhaps ESPECIALLY at these times it is a 'Home' because THAT is life at it's 'realist'.

Trixi's Story: Leishmaniasis

  Have you ever heard of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)? It’s possible that the term rings a bell, but you aren’t particularly sure what...