Monday, November 5, 2012

Secret Friends

At the beginning of the year, the women here at the hospital where i live, we picked names of each other to pray for. Hm... not quite sure that last sentence made sense... Anyways... I picked a name and someone picked mine. I'm NOT good at secrets. Well, the important ones I can keep. If you have to vent out your frustrations or need some wise advice, i can help and keep my mouth shut after. But the mundane silly stuff... HA! I can't!

So many times this year I caught myself examining all the women who live here. It was a comical Superman X-ray vision style. Hm... could she be the one praying for me? or the other one? Around Easter, i had figured it out. One day i'd gone to the Main Kitchen to fill up my 5 liter plastic can of milk and one of the ladies in the kitchen asked me if id received chocolate Easter eggs for Easter. I had JUST received a package of such eggs from my secret prayer partner. So i jumped to the obvious conclusion that this lady was her. I was extra nice to her for the rest of the year... poor old lady... she let it slip about the eggs and i knew her secret!

I was wrong. Tonight was our last womens' meeting and we exchanged gifts. My prayer partner was totally someone else i had NEVER suspected. JAJA! She was one of the 3 of women (including me) in my weekly book group. I never had a fleeing suspicion!

It made me wonder... how sometimes we live our lives like we always do... we think we have it all figured out. We have God figured out... and in the end, He continues to surprise us. I thought I was so clever!!! In the end my ego got the best of me! 

No comments:

Trixi's Story: Leishmaniasis

  Have you ever heard of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)? It’s possible that the term rings a bell, but you aren’t particularly sure what...