Monday, April 29, 2013

Five-Minute Monday

I realize that usually there is a Five-Minute Friday, but i'm going to do mine today.

It's been a long time since i've blogged. Mostly it has to do with my new smart-phone. It can do everything - even blog! Therefore, I don't open up the laptop nearly as often as I used to before. On one hand it's great... on the other hand... i feel disconnected in this literary and soul-releasing part of my life.

Well, what's happened since the last blog? Not so much new. It's mostly been the same as always. Well, not really. :)

God moved my thoughts on Parenting this past week. I had held an overwhelming feeling that managing my home and the 3 kids (and my hubby) was a ton of work. My husband pointed out to me that I vented publicly and perhaps needed to examine my spirit regarding the 'whys.' I did. And realized that perhaps i do feel overwhelmed. BUT that I also need to allow positivity into my heart.

Things I love about my kids:
1. they are terribly unique
2. They are silly
3. They are creative
4. They give me tons of hugs and kisses and remind me that they love me
5. They are innocent
6. They try to do their best in all they do
7. They are (relatively) obedient
8. God gave them to me!

Well, that's 5 minutes. It's helped to dwell on positive points of this (negative) part of my life. It's precious and NOT negative. Sometimes you need to be called out on the weakness to ask for forgiveness all around and start again. i'm truly grateful for the reminder.

1 comment:

Iris said...

Oh Cynthia,
You are not alone. I have been struggling with this for a while too. I actually have a blog entry waiting to be published on this for tomorrow. Had I read your post first I would have published it today instead of the post I published. Parenting, wifing, and friending (yup made those words all up) is hard yet so rewarding, but hard. Really hard. Hugs. Thanks for sharing the good amongst the difficult.

Trixi's Story: Leishmaniasis

  Have you ever heard of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)? It’s possible that the term rings a bell, but you aren’t particularly sure what...