I have lived my life all by myself.
I am lonely.
there's no one around.
But truly there are people.
I can see them.
they are all around me.
all so busy.
all living their lives.
they're just out of touch.
they can see me.
they see that I'm walking alone.
Are they interested in me?
Do they want to speak to me?
What are they thinking?
Its almost Friendship Day.
A special day to celebrate with those close to you.
It makes me think of those close to me.
But I'm a victim of chance.
A victim of life bc my parents moved a lot when I was little.
Every few years...
Every few months...
Someone I know here,
a friend there...
half a friend here...
Almost a friend there..
but truly no one.
I have no one to celebrate with.
Whose fault is it?
can I blame my parents?
not really.
but I really don't want to blame myself because I should be the victim.
But I am not. All I am is simply foolish for not holding tight to anyone at all.
1 comment:
Yes. It is easier to blame and be the victim. I do that all the time. It's a safe place to be. I am learning that the blessings come in opening my heart to at least one friend wherever I am. Not easy. Goodbyes are inevitable. I pray that friendship day is a happy day for you this year.
Post a Comment