I have always wanted to write a book. For as long as I can remember I have had an ever-present companion in my head whom I ceaselessly hear narrating my life. Am I a schizo? I don't think so, but maybe ;)
My dad has always been my main encourager regarding the book. "But what do I have to write about?" i'd ask him. He's just laugh and remind me of all the places we've lived and the experiences that came along. "Just tell your story!"
And that's precisely what i'd love to do. Do I have any writer/author friends out there reading my blog? What do you think of the idea? Should I write in English or in Spanish? Should I make it a novel/drama-type that relates the story of the girl-me? or just make it autobiographical and in the first person?
I take encouragement from wherever ;)
Have a great weekend!
C
Friday, May 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Trixi's Story: Leishmaniasis
Have you ever heard of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)? It’s possible that the term rings a bell, but you aren’t particularly sure what...
-
Once again, I'm BACK! Not sure for how long... so enjoy the reading :) Since January 2013 my husband and I have decided to make some i...
-
We went to visit this guy on Sunday. Sunday was World Leprosy Day. It´s a day that we remember world-wide, those who have ...
1 comment:
Do it. Pray about it. I am not a published author but I love to write and I am pursuing this myself...in contact with a publisher and praying about it.
When I think of your idea, I think about Dr. Frank Duerksen's book if short stories: http://www.amazon.ca/Books/s?ie=UTF8&field-author=Dr.%20Frank%20Duerksen&page=1&rd=1&rh=n%3A916520%2Cp_27%3ADr.%20Frank%20Duerksen. That is how I envision the stories f someone's life coming together in a book if its not written in the form of a novel. Just an idea that also works for a busy Mama with kidlets. One story at a time.
Post a Comment